Monday, June 1, 2009

Not for the squeamish


Charlie had a mishap. I have a feeling it's the first of a few that will come along during his road to adulthood.
He fell from some playground equipment and landed on his lips. That sounds funny when you say it out loud. His bottom row of teeth cut through. Inside the lip required 4 sutures and the outside (bottom photo) needed 2.
After it all it seems like a relatively small thing to happen. His head and neck are fine, he needed no hospital stay, and he won't ever know this happened to him unless we tell him. But let me tell you, at the time I was more than a little freaked out (on the inside of course). I guess the prospect of "my baby" being seriously injured was more than my stress-o-meter could handle. I had to give myself a little time-out after we got home from the ER! :o)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment